Welcome to “Ask Recology,” a month-to-month function from sponsor Recology King County.
You’ve questions, Recology has solutions!
My New 12 months’s decision is to begin losing much less.
The issue is, I don’t know the place to begin!
Do you could have any ideas for a way I can scale back waste in my on a regular basis way of life?
We love to listen to that you simply need to begin 2023 losing much less. We’re comfortable to assist!
As you may need observed, there are a lot of areas the place waste may be produced in our on a regular basis lives. One method to simplify the duty of lowering waste is by breaking it down into classes.
- Within the kitchen and at mealtime is the place there’s a excessive potential of waste, so let’s focus right here. To cut back waste on this side of your life, we advocate the next ideas:
- Once you buy groceries, ensure to carry your individual reusable bag. We advocate all the time stashing a couple of in your purse or backpack, so you possibly can’t neglect.
- Skip the plastic produce baggage whenever you buy vegatables and fruits.
- Purchase your meals in bulk when you possibly can. This reduces the quantity of packaging wanted and infrequently reduces how a lot you pay, too!
- Purchase objects with simply recyclable packaging.
- After prepping your meals to be cooked, it can save you vegetable scraps to be changed into broth! By saving and freezing your scraps over time, you should utilize these to boil and switch right into a broth later. Search on-line for one of the best recipe for you.
- Be certain to make use of reusable plates and cutlery on your meals. When you use paper napkins, make sure to compost them after. Professional tip: use fabric napkins and towels in case you can, so these can proceed to be washed and reused!
- Save your leftovers for a second meal. When you didn’t end dinner, ensure to pack your meal for later in an hermetic, reusable container. Any scraps leftover may be composted when you’re finished with the leftovers.
- Swap your Saran wrap and single-use store-away supplies for reusable merchandise like glass jars, glass containers, and beeswax! Beeswax is 100% compostable as soon as it’s finished getting used.
For extra concepts on find out how to scale back waste, go to certainly one of our Recology shops! The Burien Recology retailer is positioned at 15858 First Avenue S, #A100 Burien, WA (map under).
You can too discover extra Waste Zero tips about our Recology King County social media pages listed under:
You bought this!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Sponsored Posts like this are paid, “Native Commercials” that assist companies and organizations enhance their web presence and all-important search engine marketing. To be taught extra about how one can straight attain our increasing, engaged viewers in South King County, please electronic mail Theresa Schaefer at [email protected].